Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fisker Karma

I cringe when I hear the word "hybrid", because the first car that pops into my head when I hear the word, is the Toyota Prius. A few years ago, the word "hybrid" was synonym for a slow electric car, boring to look at, and not much fun to drive.

The Tesla tried to change the image, but it wasn't until I first set eyes on the Fisker Karma that my idea of hybrids changed all-together. Not only does the Fisker Karma look stunning, it has some very mouth-watering figures to impress future buyers as well.

The Karma's two motors (both 201bhp) produce 1300 newton meters of torque (compared to the Bugatti Veyron's 1250), which enable it to reach 60mph in 6.3 seconds, starting from a standstill. Top speed is a bit on the low side compared to the average sports car (125mpg), but then again, this IS an eco-friendly, green, planet-happy car. Very impressive figures, and a ditto machine.

Here are some pictures, and I do hope you agree with me that the Fisker Karma is one stunning vehicle.










... even the interior is eco-friendly - reclaimed wood, for instance ...



No comments:

Post a Comment