Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Renault Twizy

There are two reasons I personally believe electric cars will never be an answer to the car as we know it today. First and foremost there are the inherent problems of storing enough electricity for long drives and the expenses that accompany this, and second there is the incredibly dull image electric cars have had since the first electric milk float was launched.

Sure, there have been some sexy electric cars: the Tesla looked nice, and I'm a huge fan of the Fisker Karma, but those both cost an arm and both legs!

And then I first saw this car: the Renault Twizy. Still not the most gorgeous car I've seen, and I'd hate to have to drive my daily commute in one, but at least it doesn't look as dull as an office-gray cardboard box.

If the electric car is to become an all-round success, it should offer the same we're getting now from our beloved petrol and diesel cars (and preferably a bit more)... At least Renault made a decent effort with the styling of this Twizy - but I'll let you be the judges...

Renault Twizy

Renault Twizy

Renault Twizy

Renault Twizy

Renault Twizy

Renault Twizy

Renault Twizy

Renault Twizy

Renault Twizy

Renault Twizy

No comments:

Post a Comment